Hello &

Welcome!

to my blog...

If you are newly engaged, planning a birthday, anniversary or special occasion party or dance, you'll want to add some music to your day and that's where I come in. Since 1979, I have been performing at weddings & functions along South Shore Boston, Massachusetts, Cape Cod and throughout New England.

As a highly experienced broadcast DJ/MC, I work with you to create a truly memorable event.

From Miller to Madonna or Armstrong to GaGa, I play a wide variety of the Latest & Greatest Hits plus I have a top of the line digital sound system that sounds great no matter what level the music is played at.

Visit djChrisPickett.com & see why Chris Pickett Disc Jockey Service is the Soundtrack To Your Next Event!


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love Songs

Being it is Valentine’s Day, here are some love songs that were #1 on this date throughout the years:
  • 2005: Let Me Love You – Mario  
  • 2000: Thank God I Found You – Mariah Carey w/ Joe & 98 Degrees 
  • 1996: One Sweet Day – Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men 
  • 1994: The Power Of Love – Celine Dion 
  • 1993: I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston 
  • 1983: Baby, Come To Me – Patti Austin & James Ingram
  • 1980: Do That To Me One More Time – The Captain & Tennille 
  • 1972: Without You – Nilsson 
  • 1964: I Want To Hold Your Hand – Beatles 
  • 1963: Hey Paula – Paul & Paula 
  • 1955: Sincerely – McGuire Sisters 
  • 1953: Til I Waltz Again With You – Teresa Brewer 
  • 1947: (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons – The (Nat) King Cole Trio 
  • 1946: Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! – Vaughn Monroe 
  • 1943: I Had The Craziest Dream – Harry James 
  • 1940: In The Mood – Glenn Miller 
Stretching the concept a bit are:  
  • 2009: My Life Would Suck Without You – Kelly Clarkson  
  • 1992: I’m Too Sexy – Right Said Fred 
  • 1979: Do Ya Think I’m Sexy – Rod Stewart 
And for the opposing view, here are 2 from the cynical 70s:  
  • 1976: 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover – Paul Simon  
  • 1975: You’re No Good – Linda Ronstadt

Soundtrack For Today: Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment